Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Fashion Dilemma and a Very Eco-Chic Solution

I was faced with an interesting fashion dilemma recently - we were invited to a festive, black tie-ish affair, and digging through my evening wear I realized that my wardrobe lacks a rather important piece, an accessory if you will. Every woman, I think, experienced something similar when going out - bare shoulders, and often back as well, are exposed to warm, hot, drafty, freezing, and hot again air at parties. Wearing a sweater is not an option, it doesn't really go. Pashminas are great, but it's a kinda been there done that idea. I concluded that our grandmothers had it all figured out already. A fur stole or a shrug solved a myriad of temperature problems, and added that certain seductive glamour. Unfortunately fur has become so expensive and politically incorrect, so I thought I had to cross it off my wish list straight away. What to do, what to do? As they say, necessity is a mother of invention. Thanks to my stylish grandmother I have inherited some very old, and very vintage items (one can only wonder how they made it through numerous wars and occupations). I suddenly recalled a couple of fur collars that were stored in the farthest corner of my closet. A trip to a fabric store for some silk ribbon and fabric, a couple of hours of sewing, and I became a proud owner of a very chic, one of a kind, socially conscious fur shrug/stole/wrap - a true feel-good moment. Here it is!

1 comment:

  1. I love this style you put together. The kind of style that I have always emphasize to be different than others. They style when you walk into the room, you know you are the only one that carries it. Great job, Joanna and of course as always you looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete